Tuesday, August 2, 2011

January 11, 2011

Good morning Tuesday and how are you? Things have been interesting since my last post. Let's see, I've resumed my eating plan and have encompassed the 21-day fast that my pastor has declared for our congregation. Yesterday was the first day and I did okay until about 4:00pm and then I allowed myself to eat something and it wasn't the best thing I could have eaten. As a result of the choice and the cheat, my stomach got a little queasy, which then led me to eat some crackers. I also missed my mark on my water yesterday by 20 ounces. My daughter is on a campaign to raise her tuition balance. I am working to update information in my own financial situation.
My daily reading yesterday from Simple Abundance talked about this being the season of Epiphany for several religions. She says "On our new path we seek everyday epiphanies - occasions on which we can experience the Sacred in the ordinary - and come to the awakening...that we cannot longer afford to throw away even one "unimportant" day by not noticing the wonder of it all. We have to be willing to discover and then appreciate the authentic moments of happiness available to all of us every day."
Before I even read this passage, I had been thinking about the things that really make me happy. Yesterday, driving my children home from school, my youngest said "Mom, I really love you" to which I replied the same. Well, the middle son, not to be outdone, chimed in "Well, I super love you, Mom" to which I replied the same. The youngest topped him with "I super super love you" and again I replied. The middle - "Well, I super duper super duper love you". The youngest - "Well I super duper super duper super super super awesome love you." And on it went until we were all laughing at them trying to outdo each other's amount of love for me. My oldest remained quiet during this time, laughing at his brothers attempts to get the last word in. Finally he says and tops them both with "Mom I love you more that playing any video game, going anywhere and being with anyone on Earth, times two." We continued laughing, but it was a moment for me where I consciously thought "This is a happy moment. This is one of God's miracles in my midst. Thank you God for allowing me to be the vessel for these particular children on yours." Talk about an epiphany.

No comments:

Post a Comment