Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

Today's theme is: Time For Change. I spent the weekend at a wonderful dance workshop in Kalamazoo, MI. It was really a great time. Besides learning some new dance routines (choreography, to us dance-y types), I met some great women, and men, had a chance to focus on my goals and get some cool business promoting/growing tips. It was, again, a really great time. Now, it's Monday and it's time to begin putting all that I learned into action!

I also started reading a new book about changing my children's attitude, behavior and character in 5 days. I love my kids (ages 20, 14, 13, & 6) and I think that, overall, I have good children. They represent house and home training pretty well when they are with others. Are they "pod children" (think Stepford Wives)? No-by no means are they scary good. We have issues like many families, rebellious moments, whining, temper tantrums, etc. So this book tells me that I can have better behaved children, mainly by focusing on my behavior. Okay, that makes sense. I just have to have the consistency and will power to maintain the "rules" and not back down. That's where you come in, dear follower and reader. I'll be listing this week, the things that I need to achieve to affect...effect...create change in my world. You see, I know that if I am accountable to someone, I will get it done, because I don't want to say I didn't do something.

So, here's the plan for this week - 1. Have a "Meeting Of One" daily - this meeting with myself is the first order of business everyday. The goals of the meeting are to assess what needs to be physically accomplished for the day, list my business/personal/family goals and brainstorm ways to meet those goals, record progress, problems and possible solutions to stumbling blocks and map the plan of action for the day.

Today's List (Monday, August 22, 2011
  • Prayer Session
  • Meeting Of One
  • Walk Two Miles
  • Daily Blog Entry
  • Read "Have A New Kid..." Intro & Monday Chapter (complete lessons)
  • Task List - Physical Needs (short term)
  • Task List - Virtual Needs (long range)

So I'm off now to get started on the things on my Physical Needs Task List. Check out my Artist of the Week on the Art Commons page and have a great Monday! 


1 comment:

  1. Tuesday and going strong! Haven't read chapter yet, but will make it before the night is over, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete